LEARN TO PODCAST THE SMART WAY WITH PAT FLYNN
So you’d like to start a podcast? Awesome. Starting a podcast is one of the best ways to build an audience and grow your business (even from scratch), but the process for getting started can feel daunting. What equipment and software should you use? How do you land interviews with big name guests? How do you get your show loaded into iTunes? And even after your show goes live, how are you going to make sure people find it?
My name is Pat Flynn, and I’m going to help you cut through the confusion to not only learn how to properly plan and launch your podcast, but make sure it gets found too.
In Power-Up Podcasting, I will walk you step-by-step through the entire process. With high-quality videos (that aren’t too long) and examples along the way, you’ll have your new podcast up and running in no time, and you can start growing your audience soon.
Here’s What Is Included with Power-Up Podcasting
Power-Up Podcasting was built with you in mind. If you’re a first-time podcaster and you’re looking for help with each step along the way, this is the course for you.
- Work at your own pace. There are seven distinct stages with 51 videos (over six total hours!), taking you from idea to post-launch success.
- Clear action items set you up for success, teaching you how to acquire the right gear, leverage your current audience, and build a podcasting workflow.
- Bonuses keep you on track, including a printable workbook and a special lecture on monetizing your podcast.
- Gain exclusive access to a Facebook community to discuss coursework and trade ideas with your fellow classmates.
- Office hours with Pat during the first month give you the opportunity to ask questions and get advice.
What You Will Learn
How to Launch, Market, and Maintain a Successful Podcast
Across eight distinct course stages, all created to walk you through the process, you’ll be treated to a highly detailed rundown of what it takes to:
- Learn both the how and why: You’ll gain a deep perspective on how and why podcasting works for both you and your listeners—from understanding what drives you to create an amazing podcast to taking advantage of the powerful ways in which your audience can get hooked on your content.
- Step-by-step help for everything technical: I’ll help you with all the necessary technical set-up and preparation know-how required to hit the airwaves like a professional, including an in-depth understanding of podcasting equipment, voice recording, audio editing, interviewing, mp3 tagging, hosting, and publishing.
- Help with your website and iTunes: I’ll teach you how to get your show published, inclusive of developing relevant and well-written show notes, finding a place for your podcast to call home (website or blog), submitting your show to iTunes pre-launch, and creating accurate transcriptions of your podcast episodes.
- Launch your podcast with an unforgettable bang by making it an event: Learn how to effectively promote and market your launch on social media, guesting on other podcasts in similar niches, writing amazing blog posts that drive your audience to listen when your show launches, and maintaining that podcasting brilliance for years to come.
Welcome! Watch This First
PRE-LAUNCH // STEP 1 – You and Your Future Podcast
Lesson 01: Welcome to the Pre-Launch!
Lesson 02: Your Podcast Equipment
Lesson 03: How Podcasting Works
Lesson 04: Common Roadblocks and How to Stop Them
Lesson 05: What’s Your Show About?
Lesson 06: Your Show Details
Lesson 07: Podcast Artwork
Lesson 08: Let’s Recap Step 1 of the Pre-Launch Module
PRE-LAUNCH // STEP 2 – Planning Your Podcast Episodes
Lesson 01: Welcome to Step 2! Excited Yet?
Lesson 02: Your Show’s Introduction
Lesson 03: Content (What do you talk about?)
Lesson 04: Guests and Interviews
Lesson 05: Calls to Action
Lesson 06: Recap of Step 2
PRE-LAUNCH // Step 3 – Recording and Editing Your Show
Lesson 01: Welcome to Step 3!
Lesson 02: Hooking Up Your Equipment
Lesson 03: Setting Up Recording Software
Lesson 04: Master Files and Organization
Lesson 05: Recording Tips
Lesson 06: Interviewing Tips (Part 1) – Before You Record
Lesson 07: Interview Tips (Part 2) – While You Record
Lesson 08: Putting Together Your Show
Lesson 09: Recap of Podcast Prep: Step 3
PRE-LAUNCH // STEP 4 – Preparing Your Audio File for The World
Lesson 01: Welcome to Step 4!
Lesson 02: Export Your First Episode
Lesson 03: Run Your Audio Through Auphonic
Lesson 04: How to Tag Your Show
Lesson 05: Upload to Hosting Company
Lesson 06: Understanding Your Feed
Lesson 07: Setting Up Your iTunes Account
Lesson 08: Webpage Setup and Show Notes
Lesson 09: Transcriptions
Lesson 10: You Made It through Step 4!
PRE-LAUNCH // STEP 5 – The Launch Plan
Lesson 01: Welcome to Step 5—the Final Step of Pre-Launch!
Lesson 02: How Rankings Work and Your Launch Plan
Lesson 03: Make It an Event!
Lesson 04: Congratulations! You’ve Completed the Podcast Pre-Launch Module!
Lesson 01: Welcome to Launch Week!
Lesson 02: Submitting Your Podcast to iTunes
Lesson 03: Remind Your Network and Audience the Show is Coming Soon
Lesson 04: What to Do After Getting iTunes Approval
Lesson 05: The Day Before You Go Live
Lesson 06: Happy Launch Day!
Lesson 07: Congratulations! Be Proud! Celebrate!
The Post-Launch Plan
Lesson 01: The Process for Publishing Future Episodes
Lesson 02: Stats and What They Mean
Lesson 03: New and Noteworthy + What’s Hot
Lesson 04: How to Stay Consistent
Lesson 05: What to Do From Here
Lesson 06: Course Recap
BONUS: Growing Your Podcast Audience
Scaling Your Podcast with a “HITT” Episode
How to Convert Your Casual Listeners into Raving Fans
How to Grow and Foster a Community with Your Podcast
BONUS: Podcast Monetization
An Introduction to Monetization
Advertising and Sponsorships
Selling Your Own Stuff
Monetization: Affiliate Marketing
The PBS Model (Patreon)
Office Hours Info
Office Hours Archive