Psychotherapy.net – Emotionally Focused Therapy Step by Step
Couples therapy is one of the most challenging approaches in our field—yet most therapists jump into the work without adequate preparation. Clinicians often learn trial by fire, which can lead to ineffective and very frustrating outcomes for all involved. Even seasoned therapists often find themselves ill-equipped to navigate the treacherous terrain of high-conflict couples. Whether you’re a novice or experienced, this online course on Emotionally Focused Therapy will greatly enhance your success in working with couples.
This step-by-step approach will guide you through this highly effective empirically validated (70% recovery rate in couples in distress within 10/12 sessions) EFT roadmap. Theory, interventions, steps and stages will come to life through session excerpts with 6 real couples in distress, augmented with detailed commentary ensuring that each clinical point is thoroughly demonstrated and explained. Additional interactive self-paced exercises will help you solidify the learning at each stage. 10 CE Credits are also included in the price.
Course hosts: Rebecca Jorgensen, PhD, ICEEFT Certified Trainer and Supervisor, and Victor Yalom, PhD
Therapists featured: Rebecca Jorgensen, PhD, Scott Woolley, PhD, Lisa Palmer-Olson, PsyD, Mark Kaupp, PsyD.
Emotionally Focused Therapy Step by Step
– Learn the principles, stages, techniques, and strategies of EFT
– Over 11 hours of video including numerous excerpts of couples therapy sessions with 6 real couples in distress, as well as detailed commentary.
– Multiple self-paced practice exercises to deepen your understanding of EFT.
– 10 CE CREDITS included in the price.
– Permanent access to course materials.
– Suggested discussion questions and role plays to enhance your practice of EFT[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]