Cognitive & Memory Decline in the Aging Brain: Effective Assessment & Intervention | Instant Download !
PLEASE CHECK VIDEO OF ALL CONTENTS HERE:
In this recording, you’ll learn the effect of aging on memory and cognition to provide the most effective therapy intervention possible. You will learn how to prioritize treatment sessions to focus on functional deficits caused by memory/cognitive changes. The content you will learn covers the spectrum of age related memory/cognitive decline from normal memory loss to Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) to end state Alzheimer’s and the behavioral characteristics of each. The effects of memory/cognitive decline on executive function will also be explored. You will leave the day with interventions to manage memory and cognitive decline which you can immediately implement, such as:
- Tools to differentiate between normal vs. abnormal memory/cognitive loss that occurs because of the aging process
- Assessments for self-medication management, fall risk, driving ability, executive function and safety
- Compensatory strategies, environmental considerations and caregiver training ideas
- Brain stimulation activities, exercise programs and non-medication therapy for depression, sleep issues and mental inactivity
- Recommendations for appropriate discharge planning
The most up to date information on brain plasticity, cognitive reserve and intervention strategies will be presented. In addition, you will be able to effectively communicate your concerns to physicians and other team members.