Dorie Clark – Writing for High Profile Publications | Instant Download !
PLEASE CHECK VIDEO OF ALL CONTENTS HERE:
Dorie Clark – Writing for High Profile Publications
What Does the Course Cover?
Since 2009, I’ve taught myself – through trial and error – how to consistently create content that’s sought out by prominent publications. In this online course, I’ll be teaching you everything that it took me a decade to fumble through and learn. My goal is to save you years of missteps, and give you the tools to approach major publications with confidence and extremely high quality pitches and sample posts. As a result, it will be far faster and easier for you to get your best ideas heard.
In this course, you’ll learn how to:
- Develop unique and compelling article ideas that will appeal to prominent publications
- Identify – and avoid – common editorial missteps that sink most pitches
- How to align your writing with each publication’s “house style,” so that it instinctively feels like a fit to them
- Write quickly and confidently, even if it’s been onerous in the past
- Create a ‘ladder strategy’ that enables you to approach top media outlets with credibility
- Leverage your network to get ‘warm leads’ and introductions to editors
Who Is This Course For?
Writing for High Profile Publications is for professionals who know that breaking into top tier publications will help their brand and their careers, and want to make this a priority. Given my own experience, the vast majority of examples cited will relate to business publications, but the same principles apply across fields. You may have always wanted to write for brand name media outlets, but weren’t sure where to start. Or you may have tried, but been rebuffed. This course will give you the tools you need to reach out (or try again) with confidence. If you know that writing for prominent publications will help your business, your platform, and your credibility, this workshop is for you. Obviously, the course is not for you if you hate the idea of content creation and don’t think you’ll want to execute on the principles we discuss. You only get results if you “work the program”!
How Is the Course Structured?
The course is video-based and includes approximately five hours of lessons. These include interviews, lectures, and exercises to help you develop your own ideas. You’ll have immediate access to all course materials, and can review them at your convenience. The course also contains PDF handouts for your reference.
Writing for High Profile Publications: Special Bonus Guest Interviews
The course features special interviews with:
- A panel discussion with three repeat contributors to the Harvard Business Review. They break down the process and the exact steps they took to get their work noticed and accepted.
- Professional freelance writer Cara Cannella, who shares her techniques for breaking into new publications and making a living from her work.
- Then-Executive Editor of HBR Sarah Green Carmichael, who spent 12 years at HBR and is now an editor at Barron’s. She explains what HBR is looking for in submissions and how to successfully pitch your blogs and articles.
- HBR editor Jeff Kehoe, who edited my books Entrepreneurial You and Reinventing You, and explains what it takes to get a book deal with HBR.
Why Write for High Profile Publications?
Builds Your Professional Reputation
Publishing content builds your reputation as an expert and thought leader. You become the person others quote, and whose opinion they seek out.
Attracts Business Opportunities
Sharing your ideas enables you to attract like-minded clients. Plus, it makes the sales process easier and faster, because potential clients already know and trust your work.
Grow Your Network
You can often interview people for your articles, or quote them. This helps you build connections with high level people that might otherwise be inaccessible to you.
1 Introduction – Watch This First
- Introduction and Welcome Video – Writing for High Profile Publications
- Transcript: Introduction And Welcome
2 Chapter 1: The Strategy Behind Breaking into High Profile Publications
- How I Came to Write for HBR and Other Well-Known Publications
- How to Make Your Work a Fit for High Profile Publications
- How to Match the Voice of High Profile Publications
- HBR Sample Article
- Transcript: How I Came to Write for HBR
- Transcript: How to Make Your Work a Fit For High Profile Publications
3 Chapter 2: How I Got Published – Q&A with HBR Contributors
- The Secrets of Breaking In: Q&A with HBR Contributors
- Examples of Successful HBR Pitches
- The Value of Writing for High Profile Publications: Anne Sugar’s Story
- Transcript: The Secrets of Breaking In- Q & A with HBR Contributors
- Transcript: The Value of Writing for High Profile Publications: Anne Sugar’s Story
4 Chapter 3: How to Brainstorm Great Article Ideas
- How to Position Your Article and Brainstorm Ideas
- HBR Articles on Networking
- Live Critiques of Draft Articles
- Transcript: How to Position Your Article and Brainstorm Ideas
- Transcript: Live Critiques of Draft Articles
5 Chapter 4: How to Reverse-Engineer Great Articles, So You Can Write Your Own
- How to Analyze the Structure of Successful Articles
- Sample Harvard Business Review Articles to Analyze
- Transcript: How to Analyze the Structure of Successful Articles
6 Chapter 5: How to Successfully Pitch High Profile Publications
- How to Approach a New Publication – Interview with Professional Freelance Writer Cara Cannella
- Getting Your Work Placed in High Profile Publications
- How to Pitch High Profile Publications
- Transcript: How to Approach a New Publication
- Transcript: Getting Your Work Placed in High Profile Publications
7 Bonus Material: Interview with Editors
- Interview with Sarah Green Carmichael, Former Executive Editor of Harvard Business Review
- Interview with Jeff Kehoe, Executive Editor, HBR Press
- Transcript: Interview with Sarah Green Carmichael
- Transcript: Interview with Jeff Kehoe
8 Bonus: Q&A Webinar
- Your Questions Answered! 90 Minute Q&A Webinar
- Audio Version of 90 Minute Q&A Webinar
9 Miscellaneous Resources – Content Creation Tip Sheets
- Rapid Content Creation Tip Sheet
- Tips for Breaking into the Harvard Business Review
Writing for High Profile Publications Writing for High Profile Publications teaches professionals how to break into prominent publications in their industry, enhancing their brand and helping them spread their ideas further.